Monday, February 26, 2018

Ubud: Favorite Places to Eat




Nasi Campur Seafood at
Clear Cafe Ubud
Jalan Hanoman No. 8 Ubud 
Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
Price: Around idr 150.000 (USD 10)/person

I just stumbled upon my photos collection of my latest visit to Bali and I just remember that I haven't shared anything about places to eat which I'm in love with in Ubud. Me and my friend one night were so starving and we decided to walk from our hotel at Jalan Sugriwa towards Jalan Gootama but we ended up at Jalan Hanoman instead and looking at this Clear Cafe. 

We never heard about this cafe before, but when we looked into its menu we were falling in love with its tons of healthy choices so there we go. Little did I know that I will be falling in love with its Nasi Campur! To be honest, it was even better than Nasi Campur at one famous Balinese Restaurant at Seminyak. 

I ordered Nasi Campur Seafood and it was perfect! They served their rice with smoked fish with just the perfect amount of spicy taste and its vegetable with coconut broth is also perfect. There are also lots of healthy drinks available but I haven't tried it so I can not say anything about it, yet, nevertheless I must say this place is a must visit in Ubud, especially if you want a proper and healthy Nasi Campur!



Chef's Bowl at
Moksa Plant Based Restaurant
Gang Damai, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
Price: Around idr 150.000 (usd 10)/ person

Then again off I went to healthy food restaurant. Moksa Ubud located at a quiet secluded area and it was hard looking for it, especially when you are driving a car instead of a motorbike. But, it was all worth it.

We came upon a restaurant facing a plantation, the ambience is so relaxing. There are two kinds of plant based menu there, the one which is raw and the other one is heated. Mine was the heated one. Eating those bowl of tempe, mushrooms, kimchi, and sambal matah in a bowl tasted better than eating a whole medium well beef steak, I suppose! 

My friend ordered asam laksa noodle and the broth was perfect and the gluten perfectly taste like a real meat, just perfect for an easy afternoon at Ubud. 

But I love plant based food very much it might be different with your taste, anyway. But for a plant based food lover, Moksa Ubud is a must visit for they got lot of choices of plant based menus I hope I can cook like that...




Nasi Goreng Sambal Matah and Iced Cafe Latte at
Littletalks Ubud Library and Cafe
Jalan Raya Campuhan, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
Price: Around idr 70.000 (usd 5)/ person

If you happen to want to spend your time alone, reading a book while sipping hot french pressed coffee overlooking Ubud's river and temples, than this is just the perfect place. Too bad I came there at night so the beautiful background of this place wasn't captured in the lense. 

They provide free (good quality) books to be read at their cafe while we enjoy our foods and drinks. Djenar Maesa Ayu, Sapardi Djoko Damono, until Max Havelaar you can find them all in their bookshelf. And anyway, their hot cafe latte is perfect, with a perfect hint of cinnamon, yum!

Their food is not really special, I must say, but who can resist books and such a comfortable place to read while sipping hot coffee like that? It is just the perfect spot for us, the introvert club, to sit and enjoy our time alone with our mind. 

What about you? Do you have particular place in mind which you love very much at Ubud? 

No comments: